The HOT 100 is back on Sunday 7th July 2013! The return of our annual sportive over a challenging 100km course around the Peak District, and this year we’ve got a Rapha surprise up our sleeves…more on this to follow.
All riders must report to the Event HQ (location to be confirmed…somewhere within the S11 area of Sheffield) to sign on before the ride. The sign on desk opens at 7:30am, so please make sure you’ve done so between 7:30am and 8am.
Riders will be set off in 3 groups dependent on your anticipated average miles per hour speed. Please note the group details below and be ready to assemble at the start line when each group is called:
- Espresso – Riders who expect to average 18+mph or above throughout the 100km distance.
- Cappuccino – Riders who expect to average between 14mph and 18mph throughout the 100km distance.
- Latté – Riders who expect to average less than 14mph throughout the 100km distance.
We hope to start all riders off no later than 8:30am, with the last group leaving no later than 9am.
Please be conscious of other riders in your group. Although we appreciate it’s difficult to keep everyone together it would be good not to leave people alone on the course.
The 100km route is signed throughout with signs carrying the ‘La Squadra’ name and direction arrows.
The ride finish point will be announced soon, but what we can say now is one of our famous pasta parties will await all cyclists, their family & friends. Please take care when cycling the last few miles in to Sheffield as the roads can be busy.
All riders are required to ride with due care and attention during the event. Please respect other road users, this is not a closed road event and you will encounter traffic. Be patient, this is not a race and there are no rewards for finishing first. Do not put yourself or others at risk by careless riding. Ultimately, you are responsible for your riding.
The wearing of cycle helmets during this ride is compulsory. Please make sure that you bring a helmet to the ride. No helmet, no ride.
If you require emergency assistance whilst on the course please contact TBC. Please add this number to your mobile phone contacts. This numbers will not be operational before the ride.
A mid-way feed station will be set up where you’ll find water, energy powder and snacks to keep you going. More details regarding the location will be publicised once the route is ready for release.
- Riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult during the event.
- Each group of riders will receive a safety briefing before being set off at the start.
- The wearing of helmets (conforming to CE Standards EN1078) is mandatory for all riders. No helmet, no ride.
- All riders must ride in an orderly manner in accordance with Highway Code.
- RED means STOP. Do not take chances.
- This event is non-competitive, un-timed and there are no road closures.
- The route is fully signed with the ‘La Squadra’ arrows.
- Ride single file on climbs and A Roads to allow traffic flow.
- On single track roads ride single file and anticipate oncoming traffic.
- Be aware of potholes and loose gravel on roads throughout the route.
- Take care at cattle grids and consider dismounting.
- Keep a safe distance between you and the rider in front, especially on descents.
- Be patient when crossing junctions and cross in small groups.
- When turning right, always make your intentions clear to road users.
- Participants are responsible for the road worthiness of their bike.
- The mid-way feed station will be equipped with track pump, but no mechanic.
- You are advised to carry spare inner tubes and a small tool kit.
- Be prepared for adverse weather and wear/carry adequate clothing, and possibly lights.
- In hot, sunny conditions drink plenty of water and apply sun protection lotion.
If you decide not to complete the ride and do not return to the finish you must contact the emergency contact number we’ll provide on the day so we know not to send the search party!
In the event that you or someone is involved in an accident that requires emergency services please contact the emergency contact number we’ll provide on the day and also emergency services.
We wish you a safe and enjoyable ride and look forward to presenting you with your goodie bag, bowl of pasta and beer token at the finish.
Don’t forget to sign in at the finish to confirm de-registration.
MORE INFORMATION ON ROUTE, GUEST RIDERS, ETC TO FOLLOW OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS.